Left it too late for a full on Christmas cake – well this recipe might just do the trick….
This was in the cooking competition in 2018!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 500g mixed fruit
- 1 cup water
- 125 gms butter
- 2 dessert spoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dessert spoon coffee
- ½ teaspoon salt.
1.Place all ingredients in a saucepan, except the flour and eggs.
2. Boil for 5 minutes, then allow to cool.
3. Beat eggs, and stir into cooled mixture.
4. Stir in sifted flour and mix well.
5. Bake in a moderate oven until cooked.