Looking for a recipe for Christmas that is great to cook in the camp oven – try this one…
This was used in the cooking competition in 2016 🙂
- 4 cups S.R Flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 dessertspoon dripping or substitute
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 500g currants
- Dissolve the dripping in a pint/600ml of hot water.
- Mix together dry ingredients including currants.
- Add the hot water and dripping mixture. Mix into a sloppy mix – but not runny, adding extra water if needed.
- Pour mixture into a cloth and tie up like a Christmas pudding.
- Place into pot full of boiling water and simmer for 3 hours.